How to: Restore Water Repellency to Your LEVEL Gloves with GoreTex
If you've had your LEVEL snowboard gloves for several seasons, you may have found the water repellency of the GoreTex fabric not performing as well as it did when the gloves were new. What to do? Is there a way to restore the water repellency of the GoreTex material in the outer shell of the LEVEL gloves? Yes, there is a way....
Restore Water Repellency of Your GoreTex Gloves
Let's start with this....do your gloves have GoreTex? The higher end LEVEL snowboard gloves - the LEVEL Super Pipe and LEVEL Half Pipe - feature GoreTex outer shells. However, the Fly and Butterfly series do NOT have GoreTex. No sense trying these steps if your gloves don't even have GoreTex.
If you have a pair of Supers or Half Pipes (or any other glove or clothing with GoreTex), follow the steps below that are recommended by GoreTex:
- Machine wash your LEVEL Gloves as described in the care and cleaning instructions. Line dry the gloves, or tumble dry on a warm, gentle cycle
- Once the gloves are dry, tumble dry the gloves at medium heat for 20 minutes to reactivate the durable water-repellent (DWR) treatment on the outer fabric
- If unable to tumble dry, iron the dry gloves on gentle setting (warm, no steam) by placing a towel or cloth between the gloves and the iron. This will help reactivate the DWR treatment on your glove’s outer fabric
And, if the above doesn't work, try this:
- When the factory applied treatment can no longer be reactivated, apply a new water-repellent treatment available as a pump-spray product to the garment's outer fabric
- Following spray application, tumble dry your garment for 20 minutes to reactivate the durable water-repellent (DWR) treatment on the outer fabric
I've followed these steps many times with both LEVEL gloves and a North Face jacket, and the process works really well. Give it a try!
What if it my Gloves are a Mess?
If all else fails, and you realize it's time to replace your LEVEL Gloves, shop our collection of LEVEL Snowboard Gloves. Just remember - only the Super Pipe and Half Pipe gloves and Half Pipe Mittens offer the water repellency of GoreTex fabric.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.