LEVEL Space Mittens with BioMex Wrist Guards
$94.95 $100.00Size Guide
LEVEL Size Chart
3 Steps to Find the Right Size LEVEL Gloves
1. Measure your hand two different ways (blue and red lines), as shown below. Measure your hand length (the blue line) from the tip of your middle finger to the base of your palm. Then, measure the circumference of your hand (the red line) at the base of your knuckles (not including your thumb).
2. Use the two measurements to determine the size using the table below. If the two resulting sizes are different, order the larger size. Typical sizes range from 7-10 inches, unless you have very small or very large hands.
3. Find your size in the "Size" drop down on the product page. If your measurement is between two sizes, we recommend ordering the larger size - especially with LEVEL snowboard gloves with BioMex guards inside.
(click/tap outside this box to close)
Proven BioMex wrist protection, now available for younger snowboarders AND freeskiers. The LEVEL Space mittens are designed for the younger rider wanting lower profile wrist protection that also doesn't interfere with pole grip, in an integrated package.
- BioMex Freestyle Wrist Guards – proven snowboard wrist protection, with pole friendly design for both boarders and skiers
- Membra-Therm Plus Technology – to keep your hands warm and dry
- Goat Leather Palms – nice look and feel
- Details – removable liner, storm leash, short cuffs
LEVEL Space Mittens with Wrist Guards
You're a younger adult or teenage skier that wants the wrist protection that comes from BioMex wrist guards while riding the park or huckin cliffs. You need your wrists protected - with all the benefits of a fully integrated liner/guard/shell system - but you don't want to have to think about it.
You're the boarder and freeskier LEVEL made the Space Mitts for.
Key Features of the LEVEL Space Mittens
Sitting in between the youth oriented LEVEL Fly Juniors and the more adult oriented LEVEL Flys, the Space Mittens bring wrist protection to the market for teenage and younger adults wanting proven wrist protection.
- Wrist Protection – BioMex Freestyle. The Freestyle version of BioMex is a modified design that protects your wrist while still giving you an unobstructed grip on your ski poles.
- Dry Technology – Membra-Therm Plus. Enhances warmth by keeping your hands dry. Water resistant fabric.
- LEVEL Thermo-Plus Rating – NO.
- Palm Material – Goat Leather. Soft, nice looking, nice feel on your hand.
- Interior Liner – Fleece. Removable liner for faster drying and easier cleaning and inspection. NOTE: liner is a 5 finger design.
- Nose Wipe – NO.
- Goggle Cleaner – NO.
- Storm Leash – yes. A nylon cord with a plastic cinch mechanism, attach to the inside cuff. Allows you to keep the gloves attached to you after you remove them. No more hiking down the lift trail looking for a lost glove…
- Air Exchanger - NO.
- Cuff Style - Short. Fits under your coat sleeve.
- LOOKING FOR A GLOVE VERSION? Check out the LEVEL Space Ski Gloves
LEVEL Snowboard Gloves with BioMex Wrist Guards - Why Do I Need Them?
There are good reasons to protect your wrists while you snowboard. The basic facts are:
- Snowboarding can cause injuries, with fractures the most common type of serious injury
- The most common location of an injury is the wrist (just under 40% of all snowboard injuries are wrist related)
- Most (not all) wrist injuries can be prevented by wearing well designed wrist protection
- You don't have to overspend to outfit yourself with effective and comfortable wrist protection
- Don't wait until you get hurt to wear wrist protection
- Suffering a wrist injury will result in lost time - on the mountain, at work, or doing other hobbies
LEVEL's BioMex wrist protection system is the result of an extensive, ongoing collaboration between snowboarders, the medical community, and engineers. A four-year study conducted by the St. Moritz (Switzerland) Orthopaedic Hospital involving more than 40,000 snowboard hours and more than 2,400 participants showed that snowboarders who wear conventional wrist guards are 4.5 times less likely to suffer wrist injuries over those who don't wear wrist guards at all. However, LEVEL's proprietary BioMex Wrist Protection System reduces the likelihood of a snowboard wrist injury by 7.5 times.
LEVEL BioMex gloves / BioMex wrist guards are uniquely effective in preventing wrist injuries. Why? Because the BioMex design strengthens your own bodies capability to deal with impact forces across 3 axis. Unlike other snowboard gloves with wrist guards inside, LEVEL's snowboard gloves with BioMex wrist guards inside keep your hands in an anatomically correct position during a crash.
All LEVEL snowboard protective gloves and mittens feature BioMex wrist guards and removable/washable interior liners. In addition, the Super Pipe and Half Pipe models also feature "BioMex Plus" dual density guards that offer higher resistance and advanced comfort over the standard BioMex models. For more information regarding BioMex, see the video below or our article on LEVEL BioMex Wrist Guards.
Why is the LEVEL BioMex Wrist Protection system so unique?
Watch this 5 min video for a great explanation of the LEVEL BioMex wrist guards, and why the snowboard specific design of the BioMex guards is so effective at preventing wrist injuries:
Learn More about LEVEL BioMex Wrist Guards and LEVEL Snowboard Gloves
Read some of our blog posts below to learn more about different aspects of LEVEL gloves, BioMex, GoreTex, and more...
- The Best Snowboard Gloves with Wrist Guards - Top Models Compared
- How to: Order the Right Size LEVEL Gloves
- How to: Properly Wear LEVEL Snowboard Gloves
- LEVEL Thermo-Plus Technology - Explained
- How to: Restore Water Repellency to your LEVEL Gloves with GoreTex
- See all the latest Blog posts..
LEVEL Gloves - Innovation and Protection
The LEVEL brand is a well recognized leader in snowboard gloves, snowboard mittens, ski gloves, ski racing gloves and mittens, and ski poles. LEVEL products are born in the Italian Alps and the company is a recognized leader in glove innovation and style. LEVEL gloves became Scheuing Sport AG when the company moved from Italy to Switzerland in 2014. LEVEL's unique technology includes the market leading Biomex Wrist Guards, proven to significantly reduce the risk of wrist injuries while snowboarding, and Kevlar reinforced finger and palm constructions for exceptional durability. The Bliss line, designed just for women, features "Warmer for Women" technology. With its vast of array of insulation and waterproofing technologies, you can count on LEVEL gloves to keep you warm and dry in even the harshest climates and coldest weather. and all LEVEL products are built to make skiing and riding warmer, dryer, and more comfortable.
LEVEL Snowboard Gloves "firsts" Include:
- Snowboard specific gloves (1988)
- Removable liner system for snowboard gloves (1988)
- Protection technology for snowboard gloves (1992)
- "Breathable System" to help keep your hands dry (1994)
- Kevlar reinforced construction for improved durability(1999)
- Backcountry concept: snowboard-ski gloves for mountaineering use (2001)
- Printed silicone palms (2001)
- Reflex stimulator system (Kirax) (2002)
- "Overgloves" as a new market segment (2004)
- "Bliss by LEVEL" women's brand created (2008)
- Biomex-Plus protection introduced (2012)
- 3 Year Warranty against manufacturing defects (2016)