LEVEL Fly Junior Snowboard Gloves with Wrist Guards
You're looking for proven wrist protection for your young snowboarder. You want to protect their wrists without having to worry. Worry about them wearing the guards, or worry about if the guards are effective. Get all the benefits of a fully integrated liner/guard/shell system - so you don't have to think about it any more.
You're the mom or dad LEVEL made the Fly Junior Gloves for.
Key Features of the LEVEL Fly Junior Gloves
Taking the advanced performance features in the adult sized LEVEL Fly Gloves, the Fly Juniors bring BioMex wrist protection in a youth sized glove at a value price point for tweener and younger snowboarders.
- Wrist Protection – BioMex. The youth version of proven effective BioMex wrist protection system
- Dry Technology – Membra-Therm Plus. Enhances warmth by keeping your hands dry. Water resistant fabric.
- LEVEL Thermo-Plus Rating – NO
- Palm Material – Youkon. A textured and longer lasting material. Improves durability of gloves so they last multiple seasons.
- Interior Liner – Knitted Brush. Removable liner for faster drying and easier cleaning and inspection.
- Nose Wipe – plush. Nice, soft material on the side of your thumbs, so they can easily wipe their nose while on the trail or lift. Awesome.
- Goggle Cleaner – NO
- Storm Leash – yes. A nylon cord with a plastic cinch mechanism, attach to the inside cuff. Allows you to keep the gloves attached to your son or daughter after they remove them. No more hiking down the lift trail or wandering the lodge looking for a lost glove…
- Air Exchanger - yes. Air vent on the top of the hand that allows moisture/sweat to escape from inside the gloves
- Gauntlet Style Cuff - yes. Fits over their coat sleeve, with adjustable powder cuffs to keep out the snow
- LOOKING FOR A MITTEN VERSION? Check out the LEVEL Fly Junior Mittens
Product Video for LEVEL Fly Junior Gloves with Wrist Guards
LEVEL Snowboard Gloves with BioMex Wrist Guards - Why Do I Need Them?
There are good reasons to protect your wrists while you snowboard. The basic facts are:
- Snowboarding can cause injuries, with fractures the most common type of serious injury
- The most common location of an injury is the wrist (just under 40% of all snowboard injuries are wrist related)
- Most (not all) wrist injuries can be prevented by wearing well designed wrist protection
- You don't have to overspend to outfit yourself with effective and comfortable wrist protection
- Don't wait until you get hurt to wear wrist protection
- Suffering a wrist injury will result in lost time - on the mountain, at work, or doing other hobbies
LEVEL's BioMex wrist protection system is the result of an extensive, ongoing collaboration between snowboarders, the medical community, and engineers. A four-year study conducted by the St. Moritz (Switzerland) Orthopaedic Hospital involving more than 40,000 snowboard hours and more than 2,400 participants showed that snowboarders who wear conventional wrist guards are 4.5 times less likely to suffer wrist injuries over those who don't wear wrist guards at all. However, LEVEL's proprietary BioMex Wrist Protection System reduces the likelihood of a snowboard wrist injury by 7.5 times.
LEVEL BioMex gloves / BioMex wrist guards are uniquely effective in preventing wrist injuries. Why? Because the BioMex design strengthens your own bodies capability to deal with impact forces across 3 axis. Unlike other snowboard gloves with wrist guards inside, LEVEL's snowboard gloves with BioMex wrist guards inside keep your hands in an anatomically correct position during a crash.
All LEVEL snowboard protective gloves and mittens feature BioMex wrist guards and removable/washable interior liners. In addition, the Super Pipe and Half Pipe models also feature "BioMex Plus" dual density guards that offer higher resistance and advanced comfort over the standard BioMex models. For more information regarding BioMex, see the video below or our article on LEVEL BioMex Wrist Guards.
Why is the LEVEL BioMex Wrist Protection system so unique?
Watch this 5 min video for a great explanation of the LEVEL BioMex wrist guards, and why the snowboard specific design of the BioMex guards is so effective at preventing wrist injuries:
Learn More about LEVEL BioMex Wrist Guards and LEVEL Snowboard Gloves
Read some of our blog posts below to learn more about different aspects of LEVEL gloves, BioMex, GoreTex, and more...
- The Best Snowboard Gloves with Wrist Guards - Top Models Compared
- How to: Order the Right Size LEVEL Gloves
- How to: Properly Wear LEVEL Snowboard Gloves
- LEVEL Thermo-Plus Technology - Explained
- How to: Restore Water Repellency to your LEVEL Gloves with GoreTex
- See all the latest Blog posts..
LEVEL Gloves - Innovation and Protection
The LEVEL brand is a well recognized leader in snowboard gloves, snowboard mittens, ski gloves, ski racing gloves and mittens, and ski poles. LEVEL products are born in the Italian Alps and the company is a recognized leader in glove innovation and style. LEVEL gloves became Scheuing Sport AG when the company moved from Italy to Switzerland in 2014. LEVEL's unique technology includes the market leading Biomex Wrist Guards, proven to significantly reduce the risk of wrist injuries while snowboarding, and Kevlar reinforced finger and palm constructions for exceptional durability. The Bliss line, designed just for women, features "Warmer for Women" technology. With its vast of array of insulation and waterproofing technologies, you can count on LEVEL gloves to keep you warm and dry in even the harshest climates and coldest weather. and all LEVEL products are built to make skiing and riding warmer, dryer, and more comfortable.
LEVEL Snowboard Gloves "firsts" Include:
- Snowboard specific gloves (1988)
- Removable liner system for snowboard gloves (1988)
- Protection technology for snowboard gloves (1992)
- "Breathable System" to help keep your hands dry (1994)
- Kevlar reinforced construction for improved durability(1999)
- Backcountry concept: snowboard-ski gloves for mountaineering use (2001)
- Printed silicone palms (2001)
- Reflex stimulator system (Kirax) (2002)
- "Overgloves" as a new market segment (2004)
- "Bliss by LEVEL" women's brand created (2008)
- Biomex-Plus protection introduced (2012)
- 3 Year Warranty against manufacturing defects (2016)