LEVEL Ski Thumb Protector / UCL Guard
$74.95 $80.00Size Guide
LEVEL Size Chart
3 Steps to Find the Right Size LEVEL Gloves
1. Measure your hand two different ways (blue and red lines), as shown below. Measure your hand length (the blue line) from the tip of your middle finger to the base of your palm. Then, measure the circumference of your hand (the red line) at the base of your knuckles (not including your thumb).
2. Use the two measurements to determine the size using the table below. If the two resulting sizes are different, order the larger size. Typical sizes range from 7-10 inches, unless you have very small or very large hands.
3. Find your size in the "Size" drop down on the product page. If your measurement is between two sizes, we recommend ordering the larger size - especially with LEVEL snowboard gloves with BioMex guards inside.
(click/tap outside this box to close)
Protect your thumbs from ski injury, or protect your thumbs while you recover from an injury. Either way, this unique thumb protector from LEVEL is an enabler to more days on the mountain either before or after a thumb injury. Features include:
- SUPER FABRIC - Extra resistant and sliding advantage.
- ERGONOMIC SHAPE - Guarantees fit and comfort.
- SIDE BUCKLE - Strong adjustable closing system.
- THUMB POCKET - Holds thumb in place.
Protect Your Thumbs from Injury while Skiing
The LEVEL Ski Thumb Protector is a critical piece of protection against common ski thumb injuries. Use this thumb protector to help prevent injury to your UCL (Ulnar Collateral Ligament) and the bone structure of the thumb. If you've already suffered a ski thumb injury, wear the LEVEL Thumb Protector to allow for healing and for preventing a recurrence.
Product Video of LEVEL Ski Thumb Protector
The "Ski Thumb" is an injury affecting the UCL at the metacarpophalangeal joint of the thumb
In skiing, thumb injuries are reported to be the second most frequent injury after the knee. Thumb injuries are between 5% – 20% of all injuries in Alpine skiing and are sustained by approximately 80,000-240,000 patients per year world wide.
Thumb injuries are due to the forces applied when a skier falls with the pole in his/her hand. The handle of the pole will act as a fulcrum applying forces across the joint and thereby putting the ligament under strain.
The skier hits the surface with high velocity (high energy trauma). If the hand is stretched out as a natural reflex, there is a significant chance that the thumb will be forced outwards resulting in an injury to the UCL.
Key Features of the Level Thumb Protector
- SUPER FABRIC Extra resistant and sliding advantage.
- ERGONOMIC SHAPE Guarantees fit and comfort.
- SIDE BUCKLE Strong adjustable closing system.
- THUMB POCKET Holds thumb in place.
How to Size This Item?
The Level Thumb Guard comes in two sizes - SM/MD and LG/XL. Choose the size that corresponds to your glove size. As you can see from the video above, these guards mount on the outside of your ski gloves.
LEVEL Gloves - Innovation and Protection
The LEVEL brand is a well recognized leader in snowboard gloves, snowboard mittens, ski gloves, ski racing gloves and mittens, and ski poles. LEVEL products are born in the Italian Alps and the company is a recognized leader in glove innovation and style. LEVEL gloves became Scheuing Sport AG when the company moved from Italy to Switzerland in 2014. LEVEL's unique technology includes the market leading Biomex Wrist Guards, proven to significantly reduce the risk of wrist injuries while snowboarding, and Kevlar reinforced finger and palm constructions for exceptional durability. The Bliss line, designed just for women, features "Warmer for Women" technology. With its vast of array of insulation and waterproofing technologies, you can count on LEVEL gloves to keep you warm and dry in even the harshest climates and coldest weather. and all LEVEL products are built to make skiing and riding warmer, dryer, and more comfortable.
LEVEL Snowboard Gloves "firsts" Include:
- Snowboard specific gloves (1988)
- Removable liner system for snowboard gloves (1988)
- Protection technology for snowboard gloves (1992)
- "Breathable System" to help keep your hands dry (1994)
- Kevlar reinforced construction for improved durability(1999)
- Backcountry concept: snowboard-ski gloves for mountaineering use (2001)
- Printed silicone palms (2001)
- Reflex stimulator system (Kirax) (2002)
- "Overgloves" as a new market segment (2004)
- "Bliss by LEVEL" women's brand created (2008)
- Biomex-Plus protection introduced (2012)
- 3 Year Warranty against manufacturing defects (2016)
Learn More on our Blog
Find great information and advice on snowboard gloves with wrist guards, snowboard padded shorts, ski racing gloves, and more. Here's a few articles to check out: